Valentine's Day ...
The girls will get theirs next week when Mallory is here. We had a pre-Valentine's dinner with the kids on Tuesday at Fuji because it was Mallory's last night at our house this week.
Tracy made me a valentine on his computer. If you know how our desks are set up, this is funny. My desk is right beside his - I had no clue he was making it. He had turned his monitor towards him - I really thought he was just playing free cell again. And then he got up and said, well, I'm off to the shower and our printer started printing. The printer is on my desk - so he's in the bathroom by the time it prints out and I realize what it is. It was awfully sweet.
We had agreed not to get each other anything this week for specific reasons. He went to the office to pick up his check for the week and came home with new cell phones for both of us. Now, if you know us, you know ours are beat up, his wasn't even holding a charge, and we were both overdue for upgrades. He didn't bother to tell me that he got an extra check at work for a clean-out we did on a house in November. He got us matching phones that have EVERYTHING on it. I was surprised to say the least. He's been planning this for close to 2 weeks without my knowledge. He got a really good deal and they're neat phones. His is silver and mine is "champagne". I'm excited more about the mp3 player on it than anything I think. I'm such a music junkie.
We went to Monterrey's for dinner last night with 2 people I hope we'll be seeing more of in the future. Julia had a fit the first half of the meal - she wasn't done with her late nap and only wanted me. They got Julia a Curious George book and a Veggie Tales coloring book for Julia and were sweet enough to pay for our dinner. I enjoyed it. I think we all did. So we had a pretty good evening too.
Hope you had a good Valentine's Day!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Valentine's Day ...
Posted by tracEy at 12:23 PM
I saw this a while back on several friends' blogs and I have meant to do this.
I think I can think of 50 things. I had one friend that went back and posted ANOTHER 50 about him the next day (wow is all I can say Jed!). I'm not sure I could do that! So here goes and in no order of importance:
- I have a sister who is 11 years and 363 days older than me.
- I was the worst birthday present she ever got in her whole life. ;)
- I have a nephew who is almost 9 years younger than me and a neice who is 11 years younger than me.
- I love the color navy blue.
- I love any shade of purple second best.
- I am not a big fan of pink - if I own/wear anything pink - you should be surprised.
- I love lasagna.
- I love mexican food almost as much as lasagna.
- I like hot and spicy foods.
- I am afraid of needles and razors.
- I really don't like to see blood.
- I watched Alfred Hitchcock with my parents when I was younger - could the needles, razors, and blood (oh my!) have anything to do what that fact? I think yes.
- I really like to read true crime books.
- I hate romantic fru-fru books (no thank you Nora Roberts).
- I hate opera music - and yes, I gave it a chance when I went to Converse.
- I went to Converse College for 3 years.
- I went to North Greenville College (university now) for 3 years.
- I have no college degree.
- I am 1 1/2 years (perhaps less) away from both a business degree and a biology degree - as in 2 separate 4 year degrees that have NOTHING to do with each other.
- I don't know that I want to complete either of those degrees now. :(
- I met one of my best friends at North Greenville - Andrea.
- I really got to know one of my other best friends while at Converse College - Angie (see? something good did come out of college attempts).
- I worked for Bi-Lo for almost 9 years.
- I worked at Barnes & Noble for 2 1/2 years of those 9 at Bi-Lo.
- I worked for 3 other grocery chains briefly as well - Harris Teeter (3 months), Winn-Dixie (1 summer when I got desperate for a job), and as an assistant manager at Ingles (3 months and I ran far, far away). I was hired at Fresh Market but never started.
- I don't recommend working in grocery stores to anyone.
- I was a member of Boiling Springs First Baptist from 1990 until 1996.
- I attended Second Presbyterian Church (across from Wofford) from 1996 until 1998 with someone who shall not be named at this time.
- I was a member of Powdersville First Baptist Church in Powdersville/Easley for 5 years. 1999-2003.
- I was baptised 2 times - once by sprinkling at Second Presbyterian and by good ol' immersion at Powdersville First Baptist. ask me about that some time!
- I go to an awesome church now (since 2004) called Hope Point Community Church - www. hopepoint.org !
- I won 4th place in the state Beta club spelling competition my senior year of high school - that's a really nerdy fact for you.
- I still love biology, zoology, and science in general, but I'm not sure what I'd ever do with a degree in it.
- I hate chemistry and calculus and that was a big hiccup in that ol' Biology degree.
- I have done many things I would not like to revisit, but God is good and I am forgiven.
- I have been married for 4 years,2 months, & 11 days.
- I am married to a wonderful fellow named Tracy - yes, it's true Tracy and Tracey.
- I dated him my senior year in high school.
- I have a stepdaughter, Mallory, who is 8.
- I have a DAUGHTER, Julia Grace, who is 1 1/2.
- I play several instruments : clarinet, trumpet, baritone (euphonium) and guitar.
- I am not sure I would say I play any well since I've not practiced in a while. However, there are 1 of each of those in my house right now (actually, 2 clarinets, 1 trumpet, 1 marching baritone that needs to go back to NGU, and 2 guitars).
- I was a band nerd. I still am at heart.
- I like Nintendo games - any Mario or MegaMan.
- I still have my Atari 7800 pro-system and it works.
- I broke my leg in the 5th grade on Christmas day - brand, new 10 speed bicycle and I fell off of it.
- I went to Mrs. Mabry's Busy Day daycare from 2 1/2 to 12 years of age.
- I used to be able to draw really well. It's a talent I am wasting and trying to pick up again.
- I think this was easier than I thought. maybe I will do 50 more.
- I love theatre, but I HATE real-life drama. save it for the stage, sister!
Wow. That was easier than I thought. I already have thoughts for another 50, but not today. I have company coming this weekend and I need to get prepared. Tracy is working all day in Gaffney at Bob Shelton's BPO boot camp - it's sort of a big deal. www.bobshelton.com . I guess we'll see him this evening when they get done.
Take care and I'll post again this evening.
Posted by tracEy at 9:05 AM
Monday, February 4, 2008
and for that I am happy.
I didn't get to watch much of the Super Bowl, but I'm glad the Giants won. I know a lot of people were wanting the Patriots to be the second team to win all season and the super bowl, yada yada yada. I just like the Manning brothers - seem to be good, upstanding, All-American guys. Someone you'd want your kids to look up to as a role model.
So there you go. I don't have any deep-rooted loyalties to any particular team, much less football. And I always seem to like the underdog which in my opinion was the Giants going into today. I watch football on Sundays by default because it's what's on in my living room or my in-law's living room.
So yay for the Giants!
Posted by tracEy at 3:08 AM